Monday, August 9, 2010

Bible Study

If you don't know it Haiti is full of voodoo. I recently read a blog from a fellow Haitian Missionary he was talking about voodoo and the beliefs. Please read his blog on voodoo before you read mine so you have some insight on voodoo. (http://newvisionhaiti.blogspot.com/) After I read it I decide to talk with a couple of my boys about it. I couldn't believe they told me everything he had written. They told me that Athensian had an older brother die after being flashed one night. I asked if they were scared about voodoo, they said they were. I told them I wasn't afraid of anything, and then I showed them Ephesians 6:10-18. These verses talk about putting on the armor of God. It is perfect for them. Athesian was so impressed that he asked if I could speak about this when we had our next service. So today we had our service, I would call it more of a Bible study with lots of questions. Athensian brought a friend, as we read the verses I could see that the new boy was taking everything in. After we finished reading the questions started. I could see he is searching for the answers, I did my best to answer them and add insight when I could. I got him a Bible and told him I would mark some verses for him. He wanted to know how he could get the armor of God. I told him it all has to start with Christ. So if you are reading this please pray for him. Pray that God will help me talk with him. He is so close. We are planning on having a Bible study on Thursday, I will encourage him to bring his questions then. I pray that Watson will keep our group going so the boys will have someone helping them to come to have a relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment