Thursday, August 5, 2010

Work team





We had a great time with all the work teams we have had here. The last team that was here was a great group of people. They worked very hard and accomplished many things. They got the roof finished on our house, and also painted it. They also painted Steve's roof too. I really like the colors. One thing cool was the team got to work with some of the Haitian boys. They got interact with them, even though they spoke different languages you could really see the bonds forming. This really gets me excited, because not only did we get things done around the compound, the team was able to teach the Haitians different forms of work. The team was also able to see how hard they work and how dedicated the Haitians are. The boys were here first thing in the morning everyday ready to work. I know that the team went home having a different outlook about the Haitian people.
That is one of our goals, we want a changed person getting on that plane in Port Au Prince. I want people to come and experience what God is doing here. He will change your life if you are willing to let Him. God works through all kinds of people. I see it here in Haiti all the time!
It is hard to beleive that the summer is almost finished. We only have 11 days to go. On one hand I'm excited to get back to the States, but I'm also sad because all of my friends are sad we are leaving. Please pray for them. They come to the compound everyday, their lives will have a huge hole when we leave. There is so much work here that needs done. And when I say work I'm not just talking about physical work, I'm also talking about Spiritual work. The harvest here in Haiti is ready, God just needs the workers. So if you think that God wants you to come to Haiti, don't be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment