Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Spirtual Warfare

Wow what a title! Is spiritual warfare real? I believe so because I have been battling it since I came to Haiti. This has been one of the most challenging eight months of my life. And what is funny I just realized last night that so much of the difficulties was coming from spiritual warfare. My past illness really made me question God "why am I here?" I could be in the states right now having a lot easier life. I asked God what have I done to make a difference here in Haiti.
Well God had an answer for me yesterday. A man came to visit me because he heard I was sick. When I saw him I gave him a hug. You see this man is Alex and Athenson's father. (They are two of my Haitian boys) Him visiting me was special because about two months or so ago he was very sick, he was the one who couldn't get out of bed. His boys told me he had been cursed by the witch doctor. That is when God told me to go pray over him.
I asked the team that was here and a couple of missionary friends to come too. As we prayed you could sense the spiritual battle .going on it this man. My prayer was for God to be glorified through healing this man. Show everyone God has full power over evil.
The next day the father called me to tell me that he was able to sleep for the first time in a long time. He now has made a full recovery. He wants to go to church on Sundays and he praises God for his healing. Praise God!
So back to my battle, as I walked my visitor to the gate to see him off God whispered softly on my heart "Here is one life that you made a difference in for Me". I had to smile to myself as I walked back to my house. God always knows how to encourage me when I'm down, only God can protect me as the flaming arrows fly, and only God deserves all the glory when a heart is changed for Him! I praise God we are in Haiti serving Him today, I pray he will continue to use us for his glory.
I guess if the arrows aren't coming we aren't gaining ground for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment