Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great People

I'm sorry that it has been so long since I blogged. Two teams left the compound today. We had 3 awesome ladies from Canada, and a couple form VA. We had a great week. It started with us putting a tarp on Athensons and Alexs' roof. Then we went out and measured feet to give out tennis shoes. Theresa and Karla was in charge of this task. I told everyone that this wasn't my rodeo, and that I was the rodeo clown. I was there to make people smile and make sure noone got hit by the bull.
They left and are now home enjoying the AC.
We now have a new team. Some of them speak creole, because they were missionaries to Haiti. The first day of work went great. It was a slow start, but as we got the ball rolling a lot of things got done, and better than that the team has got to inner act with Haitians as they work. That is why I want teams to come to Haiti. Sure I like when we are able to complete project, but I feel the most important thing is that teams let Christ's love shine through them. I watched as different team members worked with the Haitian boys. The boys loved it. They started to take off the roof and started to paint the old part. I will try to keep up with our blog. I got up today at 4:30 so I could write. God is so amazing. He is so Alive. Each person that comes here has been sent from God. Last night I was in need of prayer. I just got done telling a team member about a prayer request, him and I walked out of the bedroom where we were putting up his mosquito net. We were talking in the hallway and another guy say he needs to talk with me. We go into the room and he said the spirit wants him to pray for me. It was my prayer request. Unreal! God is good. Well I got to go. Already being called, we are out of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment