Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Service

Well today was our "come as you are service". We got up at 6:15 because we were to have a 7am service. I know what people from our church are thinking, 7 am they are lucky to make 9:30 Sunday school on time. Anyways, 7 came and went no boys. Theresa told me don't get to upset if they don't come maybe they forgot. Then around 8 the guard from the outer compound came and was all fired up speaking creole fast. I went and got clona to translate. He said the boys tried to get in on the compound and the guard would let them in so one of the boys hit the guard with a rock. The reason the guard wouldn't let them in is because no one is allowed on the compound on Sunday. I didn't realise that or I would have told the guards last night.I asked the guard if the boys told him they were coming to church he said no. So I sent someone up to Rollands house to get the boys to come down. The guard wouldn't let them on the compound so we had to walk out to the front gate. The whole time I was praying for Gods wisdom to solve this situation. When the boys came I got their side of the story. They said they told the guard that they were coming to see me, but the guard told them he didn't work for the whites. And that they couldn't enter. There was a verbal altercation and the guard was pushing the boys. Asking them if they wanted to fight. Addison said he was scared and picked up a rock, and hit the guard on the shoulder. This took place outside of the gate. I talked with others who saw this and they told the same story. So I had to figure out how to resolve this conflict. I understand why everything happened, but hitting someone with a rock is unacceptable. I explained to the guard why they were coming in, I wanted them to hear about Jesus. He understood but was still very mad. I asked him if Addison could come in today for church and then he couldn't be on the compound for a week. He wanted three weeks. Through the work of Christ I was able to bring the guard to the compromise of one week. I really feel bad for Addison, because I know things just got out of hand and the guard overstepped his boundary too. It was such a touchy situation, but give glory to God all side are okay with the solution.
Around ten we were able to have service. It was funny, but what happened to Addison played right into what I was going to talk about. I was talking about how things happen to us that we don't understand, I told them that we see just a small piece of the puzzle but that God sees the whole picture. After I was done speaking I asked if there was any prayer requests, two of the boys opened up. It was powerful to here them speak. Addison said he could relate to struggles, he has dealt with them his whole life. He said he prays all the time that God will help him. God gives him that peace he needs to get through his struggles. He said when he comes to the compound and works, that takes his worries away. He said that is why he is always smiling, when he is here. Please pray for him. He is a great kid, he is 18 yrs old. He said his mother needs prayers too, they are living in another persons' house. They were told they could stay there for 5 years, well the five years are up and his mother feels guilty because they have no where to go. He asked for God to give them a place to go. He also understands Why I said he couldn't be on the compound for 1 week. He is sad though. I told him we will go and visit him.
The other kid Samuel told us his mother came to Christ when she was younger, she met a man and she told him if he wanted to become her husband he must come to know Jesus. The man did and they got married. The man became a pastor, and someone allowed them to build a church on their land, however after some time the owner of the land kicked them out and now they are holding service at a house. He was asking for prayers for his parents to be able to find some ground and build a church. So I ask you to keep this in your praayers.
I feel the service went really well! I wish things would have happened differently, but I only see a small piece of the picture. I pray that God's WILL will be done for all situations. I pray that we are able to be at peace with that. Whether WE feel His WILL is Good or Bad. Help us to understand that HIS WILL is ALWAYS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment