Thursday, June 17, 2010

Challenges

A work team just left. They were here from the midwest. KS I think. I didn't think about how hard it would be on everyone when teams leave. You get so used to them and enjoy the fellowship. Miranda has been taking this really hard. She really bonded with a boy named Zach and his father. She is crying right now.
It is hard to get time to yourself. Just picture all the neighborhood kids hanging outside your house, and everytime you go outside they all want to talk to you or need something. Right now there is probably 10 children and 6 adults. I brought a swimming pool but I don't think I can put it up because it will be ruined within hours. It would be nice to have a fenced in yard. Hopefully things will settle down next week. I doubt it, but it would be nice.
Steve and his community sent down a couple of thousand shoes. So I had some kids work to earn a pair. A soon as I started to give them out Haitians started to come out of everywhere. Luckly I had a Haitian who spoke english tell them that the boys worked for the shoes and that the church was going to distribute. I will be glad when we get the compund secure. There is too many Haitians that can come onto the compound. It will take time to implament new rules. We plan on building a new gaurd house and everyone has to come through there to enter the compund. The gate will be locked and only the missionaries will have the keys. I wish it was in place already. I know Zacc is overwhelmed with all the kids wanting to pick him up and to touch him. We will definitly need prayers to be able to handle this new enviroment.

No comments:

Post a Comment