Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting Settled in!

Greetings!!! We are starting to get settled in. The trip so far was picture perfect. We had a lot of luggage but everything went smoothly at the airports. God is good!!!

The Kids are adjusting well. They have so many kids to play with. Everyone is fascinated with Zacc. The kids want to pick him up and help him. I think Zacc gets a little overwhelmed, he will tell them put me down. The kids also call him Zaccy. He doesn't like that he will say it is Zacc.

Ariel was sitting with some children, they had our English-Creole book. They were teaching each other words. She got her first Haitian shower tonight. The water is really cold, but feel great after you get in it. It is really hot.

Miranda got to spend time with Sasha today. She was holding her a lot. Sasha is getting big. Miranda also has been chasing lizards around catching them.

I got my first driving lesson today. I went with Watson and Ben. I drove down to liancourt to get soda. It wasn't bad Ben said I drove too fast. It is crazy, just beep when you pass someone or if someone is walking on the road or on a bike and you want them to move out of your way. Steve said I have 6 days to learn, then I'm on my own. We will be here without any Americans from June 19 - July 21. That will be an adventure.

Theresa is doing well. I will try to get her to post something after they are done playing "spoons" (a card game)

Tomorrow will be busy. There is a lot of work going on. We are building a carport, running electricity in the shop, are there is a free dental cl inc on the compound all week. We like to thank everyone for their prayers.

The Snyders

1 comment:

  1. You need to watch out for Ben when you play spoons. He's sneaky. Never actually looks at his cards, just watches for someone to grab a spoon. :)

    ReplyDelete