Friday, June 25, 2010

Not a lot has been going on here the past couple of days. We celebrated my birthday on the 22ND. That was a good time. Miranda made brownies, which were awesome. I also caught a tarantula, it was big. The Haitian were flipping out. I then took a small string and tied it around it's waist and took it for a walk. It was fun to watch the Haitians, they think I'm crazy!
It has rained here the past 3 days. They were very hard rains, we keep getting water in the shop. We haven't been able to solve the problem yet. There has been a group of boy's working for me digging a ditch around the compound to get rid of the rain water. They work so hard, the digging isn't easy but the just keep going. We put a hole at the end and ran a pipe out to a canal. The mud is everywhere. I can't imagine how bad it is for the Haitian.
Theresa had an upset stomach, thankfully it went away. The kids are all doing well. Zacc did say the other night he wanted to leave this place and go back home. That will be a challenge for me if my kids struggle with being here. Miranda and Ariel haven't said anything about leaving. Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to go to the beach. I think we all need a day away from the compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment