Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good Day's and Bad Day's




Yesterday we went to the beach at St Marc. It was quite a drive, we had to climb up over this hill side. It was like I was going four-wheeling. We drove for about 5 miles and came out at a hotel. It was in the process of being built. The crazy thing was they were open, we paid $15 Haitian which is about $2 US and then walked down to the beach. We had a great time. The kids really enjoyed themselves, they needed to get off the compound for a little while. After we left we were driving through St Marc we noticed a truck that had goats riding on top of a bunch of bags of charcoal. It is funny to see how they transport animals. Yesterday was a good day.
Today was a hard day for me. Zacc woke us up at 6 am he said he wanting to eat breakfast. We staled him for a while, but ended up getting up around 6:30. We decided not to go to church today, because it is hard for the kids to sit through the service when they can't understand anything thing that is going on, so we had church at home. Theresa did a great job giving the message.
Satan was really tempting me today, he was telling me that we couldn't do this. He was telling me how nice the AC felt at home, and how easy it would be for me to say "I Quit!" I knew there would be days like this, but today was the first. Our friend Josue has been staying with us for a couple days, and I felt like I should talk with him about how I was feeling. We sat and talk for a long time. He encouraged me so much. I know God has him in our lives for a reason. He is such a faithful servant of God. After talking with him I felt so much better. I know God wants us here! Satan is hard at work here in Haiti. We definitly need your prayers. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Uncle I miss you all so much. It is a great thing what you are doing in Haiti. I am sure it can be tough some days but you will do well I know you have what it takes and God will help see you through it. Your creole will come expecially since you are around it all the time. I pray for you everyday and know you will do well and do many great things in Haiti. I love you all so much! Stay strong and God bless!

    ReplyDelete